Monstrous ocean waves during typhoon Krosa
- 1NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- 2NOAA National Centers for Environmental Prediction, Camp Spring, MD, USA
- 3National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan
- 4National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
- 5Marine Meteorology Center, Central Weather Bureau, Taipei, Taiwan
Abstract. This paper presents a set of ocean wave time series data recorded from a discus buoy deployed near northeast Taiwan in western Pacific that was operating during the passage of Typhoon Krosa on 6 October 2007. The maximum trough-to-crest wave height was measured to be 32.3 m, which could be the largest Hmax ever recorded.